Wednesday, April 11, 2012

For Your Information:

Before this Pawn Shop issue really got complicated I had the opinion that it was probably just an accident on the part of the City and that while I and others might be critical of it that I should at least offer some sort of solution. After all, if you want to complain then perhaps you should be ready to provide a solution.

With that in mind I did some research to find out if Mr Venturi still owned his Mars Hill strip mall in Acworth. He did and I set aside a Saturday afternoon (March 10th) to take a look and see if my idea might be possible.

I did find that there were 2 empty units in that strip mall and suggested via an email to City Manager Kennedy and Zoning head Mr Simmons (with cc to Mr. Killingsworth) that perhaps the Pawn Shop might relocate to the other Venturi mall and the City refund all fees paid by the Pawn Shop. I provided unit numbers and 7 photos.
(see email at this link: http://kennesawpawnproblems.blogspot.com/2012/04/blog-post_11.html)

A month later a City official mentioned in passing that my idea was not of interest to Mr. Venturi, no details given.  I was sorry to hear this but by this time it had become known that the shop owners had gotten the license by trickery and deceit and were bragging about how they had gotten their shop into a mall where it was prohibited. Very shortly thereafter I learned that Mr. Venturi, despite his 2004 agreement, wanted to have the zoning changed again, to allow the shop to remain.

Reasonable alternatives were available from nearly the start of this matter but were not acceptable to the property owner.

I have absolutely no respect for either the shop owners, who got their license by trickery and deceit, nor for the property owner who it turns out is simply a two faced businessman with no regard for honor or integrity.
 
His word is just worthless as is that of his lawyer Gavis Sams.

That Pawn Shop must go.