Monday, March 19, 2012

Did the Cruchelow's "Beat the System?"

Results of the Kennesaw City Council Meeting of March 19th

When the meeting was opened to general comments from the floor, I addressed the Council about the Pawn Shop matter and pointed out that they had been 'had' by the Pawn Shop application and that the fancy title served to cover up the real purpose of the shop which was only mentioned once in their 20 page application when 'pawn shop' appeared one time only.

I summarized the info that the property Owner, Mr. Venturi, was kept in the dark about the actual purpose of the shop and that the shop owners bragged to neighbors that they had gotten around the prohibition on pawn shops with their disingenuous application. I mentioned that if I were on the Council and had this happen to me that I would be very POed at the Cruchelows.

Following me to speak were 2 other Kennesaw residents who confirmed and elaborated on what I had already presented to the Council.

Residents of this area expect that the City Council and Zoning Department will now take this matter in hand and require the Pawn Shop to close down.